Friday, July 13, 2012

Yesterday was a great day.  No, I didn't get my manicure/pedicure done.  Instead, my daughter and I went to Regina for a day trip.  Shopping.  We got my niece and two nephews some gifts.  My niece will be 1, and my younger nephew will be 2.  The party is on July 22 for both of them.  I got them mostly clothes.  Mom and dad are on a very limited income, and the kids have plenty of toys.  I did get them each a little toy to go in the gift bag.  I also got some for my older nephew too.  They never get a chance to get into the larger cities and pick up osh kosh for the kids, so I got them all something from there.  Good thing it was on sale.  Two pairs of jeans, two hoodies, a denim jumper skirt, 10 snap up undershirts, and three t-shirts all came to about $90.

I called my mom to make sure I got the right sizes.  My niece is a tiny peanut, only in size 12-18months.  My younger nephew (the 2 year old) is already in size 4.   His older brother is in 5-6 so I got him size 6.  I got the two boys carpenter jeans.  They have been helping their dad with renovations to the farmhouse, so I figured why not.

My daughter was looking for art supplies, so we took a chance on a craft store I remembered from years ago.  Luckily, it was still there, and they had a great art section.  She got all sorts of stuff.  And now she knows what the prices are, so if we go into town when she's working, she can let us know what she wants us to pick up.  The canvases there are about 1/3 the price she's ever been able to find them at in Calgary, so she's really happy about that.

So all in all it was a great day.  Nice drive.  A chance for us to visit.  She got some supplies.  I got the kids gifts done.  I got a couple of skirts.  It was a good day.

Today I went running.  I finished my training day strong.  Really pushed myself.  Now I'm feeling great.

Lee on the other hand is not.  He is so hung over.  He can't get up off the couch.  He was drunk before we got home.  I think he drove his truck home like that.  He told me he didn't.  That he came home and started drinking.

The sad part is I know he's lying to me.  I know he was drinking earlier.  I know he'd had too much to drive home.  I am sick n tired of that server allowing him to drive home like that.  What the HELL is wrong with her?  This is the same lady who's son has behavioral issues linked to food allergies.  So what does she do?  She brings him home a treat - McDonalds.  THE KID IS ALLERGIC TO EVERYTHING IN THEIR MENU.  WHEAT AND SUGAR BEING THE TWO MAIN THINGS SHES FEEDING HIM.  And then she has the nerve to try to buddy up to me to complain about how hard it is on her and her son and she can't deal with it and it's only a few treats, and and and.


Mind you, I guess it's none of my business.  It's her life.  Her kid.  I'm walking away. She'd just better never ask me for advice/help on the subject again.  Or complain about it to me ever again.  I've got better ways to waste my time.  Like bitching in my blog about how much it all pisses me off ;)

Time to get my day started.  I was going to wait for Lee, but it's looking like he's not going to get moving anytime soon.  I've gotta get to Sasktel and look into changing my cell phone over.  I need to look into a cell phone booster - I think they are on sale.  All stuff to get ready to start my new job soon.  I go for pre-employment testing on Monday.  I'm not worried about that.  I'm fit, I don't drink, and I've never done drugs.  So it's all good.

Hope you all have a great day, who ever is reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment