Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Feeling a little better today

I took today off work - called in sick.  I'm not really lying.  I have been out of sorts for a few days now.  Besides, I have to do some day to day stuff that I really can't do while I'm at work - replace my debit card, see the chiropractor, get my new glasses adjusted.  It's a shame I'll loose the 2 hours of overtime.  But since I'm salary, I won't loose the entire day.  I still feel guilty about it though.

So I'm starting my morning off by sleeping in.  Going to get a good breakfast at some point.  Get all my running around done too.

I didn't do anything last night after work.  The office shut down an hour early.  A blizzard blew in.  We got out of there while there was still some daylight to see. 

I need to not only get moving again.  I also need to get practicing.  I don't want to waste the time and money I spent on those dance lessons this past weekend. 

Overall I've been feeling completely defeated.  I got on the scale this morning.  I wasn't expecting to see any results - I haven't worked at it since last Thursday.  I was kind of surprised to see some progress.  Mind you, when I was kicking my butt, I didn't see any.  I know there can be a lapse between the work, and the results.  I also know something else.  If I don't get back to it soon, I'll watch that hard work all be wasted too.

I know it doesn't really sound like it, but I am feeling a little better today.  More at peace.  I've just fallen into a rut, and need to find a way to crawl back out of it.  I guess I need to write a today's kick in the butt blog soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment